Matthew 5:17-18 KJV
17 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil. 18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.
The Ten Commandments
Exodus 20:3-17 (Deuteronomy 5:7-21)
1. Exodus 20:3 Thou shalt have no other gods (mighty ones) before me.
Spoken by Yeshua: Matthew 4:10 …for it is written, Thou shalt worship the LORD (Yahweh) thy God (Elohim), and him only shalt thou serve.
2. Exodus 20:4-6 Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth. 5 Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD (Yahweh) thy God (Elohim) am a jealous God (El), visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me; 6 And showing mercy unto thousands of them that love me, and keep my commandments.
Spoken by Yeshua: Matthew 24:4-5 …Take heed that no man deceive you. 5 For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ (Messiah); and shall deceive many.
3. Exodus 20:7 Thou shalt not take the name of the LORD (Yahweh) thy God (Elohim) in vain; for the LORD (Yahweh) will not hold him guiltless that taketh his name in vain.
Spoken by Yeshua: Matthew 5:34-37 …Swear not at all; neither by heaven; for it is God’s (Yah’s) throne: 35 Nor by the earth; for it is his footstool: neither by Jerusalem; for it is the city of the great King. 36 Neither shalt thou swear by thy head, because thou canst not make one hair white or black. 37 but let your communication be, Yea, yea; Nay, nay: for whatsoever is more than these cometh of evil.
4. Exodus 20:8-11 Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy. 9 Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work: 10 But the seventh day is the sabbath of the LORD (Yahweh) thy God (Elohim): in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates: 11 For in six days the LORD (Yahweh) made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD (Yahweh) blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.
Spoken by Yeshua: Mark 2:27-28 …The sabbath was made for man, and not man for the sabbath: 28 Therefore the Son of man is Lord (Master) also of the sabbath.
5. Exodus 20:12 Honour thy father and thy mother: that thy days may be long upon the land which the LORD (Yahweh) thy God (Elohim) giveth thee.
Spoken by Yeshua: Matthew 15:3-6 …Why do ye also transgress the commandment of God (Elohim) by your tradition? 4 For God (Elohim) commanded, saying, Honour thy father and mother: and, He that curseth father or mother, let him die the death. 5 But ye say, whosoever shall say to his father or his mother, It is a gift, by whatsoever thou mightiest be profited by me; 6 And honour not his father or his mother, he shall be free. Thus have ye made the commandment of God (Elohim) of none effect by your tradition.
6. Exodus 20:13 Thou shalt not kill.
Spoken by Yeshua: Matthew 5:21-22 …Ye have heard that it was said by them of old time, Thou shalt not kill; and whosoever shall kill shall be in danger of the judgment: 22 But I say unto you, That whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment: and whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council: but whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire.
7. Exodus 20:14 Thou shalt not commit adultery.
Spoken by Yeshua: Matthew 5:27-28 …Ye have heard that it was said by them of old time, Thou shalt not commit adultery: 28 But I say unto you, that whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart.
8. Exodus 20:15 Thou shalt not steal.
Spoken by Yeshua: Luke 16:10-12 …He that is faithful in that which is least is faithful also in much: and he that is unjust in the least is unjust also in much. 11 If therefore ye have not been faithful in the unrighteous mammon, who will commit to your trust the true riches? 12 And if ye have not been faithful in that which is another man’s, who shall give you that which is your own?
9. Exodus 20:16 Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbor.
Spoken by Yeshua: Matthew 12:36-37 …That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment. 37 For by your words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned.
10. Exodus 20:17 Thou shalt not covet thy neighbour’s house, thou shalt not covet thy neighbour’s wife, nor his manservant, nor his maidservant, nor his ox, nor his donkey, nor any thing that is thy neighbour’s
Spoken by Yeshua: Luke 12:15 …Take heed, and beware of covetousness: for a man’s life consisteth not in the abundance of the things which he possesseth.
Sin is Lawlessness
1John 3:4 Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law.
The Law shows us where we have sinned and points us to Messiah.
Galatians 3:24-25 Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ (Messiah), that we might be justified by faith. 25 But after that faith is come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster.
We shouldn’t want to sin.
Romans 6:15 What then? shall we sin, because we are not under the law but under grace? God (Elohim) forbid.
If we do not belong to Messiah, then we are not under grace, and we will be judged by the law. If we do belong to Messiah, then His blood cleanses us from all sin (1John 1:7) and we have obtained access by faith into this grace wherein we stand (Romans 5:2).
John 14:15 If ye love me, keep my commandments.
written by Tracy Huey
Teach Us Your Ways
Faith That Is His Publishing
PO Box 447, Belvidere, Illinois 61008
Copyright © 2019 Faith That Is His - All Rights Reserved.